Are you screening your potential employees with computer testing?
Whether that means basic computer literacy, software specific testing, or typing speed, you should be screening all relevant employees and here’s why:
- Make the right hire – the first time. Without proper computer testing you could be hiring an employee that doesn’t have the skill set needed, and it was 100% avoidable! Many candidates will claim proficiency, but seeing that word on a resume offers very little insight.
- Value for the time and money. These tests are typically fast and inexpensive. For minimal extra effort and resources computer testing can offer a massive value add to the hiring process, and it does not have to be handled internally. At Platinum Recruiting we offer a wide range of computer software testing as part of our recruiting services, or as a stand-alone service.
- Reduce training time. When you can have confidence that your hire understands the specific software needed to perform the job well, that’s hours of training dollars saved and directly put back into immediate and productive work.
Keys to remember:
- This is a ruling-out process, not highest score wins. These tests are a valuable contribution to an applicant pool, but of course do not tell the complete story. They are best thought of as a way of ruling out candidates that fall below a benchmark, not being the deciding factor between two great candidates with similar scores.
- Depending on the role, such as data entry or an administrative position, a simple typing test can give significant insight to the employee’s potential pace and quality of work. Fast and accurate typing saves minutes throughout the day that turns into hours of saved time that can be used for additional work, adding to the bottom line of the business. It also predicts the employee’s ability to produce and send error-free correspondence, forms and documentation.
- Platinum Recruiting can test a wide variety of software, programs, and skills in our computer testing facilities at our office in downtown Kelowna as well as remotely. These include typing, Microsoft Office, accounting, bookkeeping, and much more. These services are free when combined with our recruiting services or are available at a low cost to any employer or job seeker. Let us provide you with the necessary tests and advice to help in your next hire.