Platinum Recruiting has the pleasure of working alongside an international (primarily Japanese) food services company with locations across United States and Canada, who have an exciting opportunity for a Commissary Plant Supervisor in their brand new facility in Chicago, IL. RESPONSIBILITIES- As the Commissary Plant Supervisor, you will be responsible for day-to-day operations of the plant/kitchen and supervising various department Team Leaders including, Production, and Quality Assurance. This will include optimizing production with a lean mindset, productivity, maximizing yield, accurate reporting and ensuring the highest quality for our customers.
- Monitors and guarantees that products are being manufactured in conformance with manufacturing practices and food safety practices.
- Works closely with QA Manager, to identify departmental and kitchen issues.
- Supervises the daily activities to assure proper Food Safety and Quality.
- Reviews and updates work aids essential for verification of product quality.
- Responsible for managing the overall daily production process.
- Trains and coaches’ team to meet defined productivity targets.
- Assists with identifying and implementing process improvement initiatives.
- Previews production and operating reports and resolves operational manufacturing and maintenance problems, to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Develops and works with supervisors in all areas such as problem solving, setting and achieving goals, manufacturing processes, scheduling and equipment problems.
- Training and cross training all employees on the production line, evaluate and review production staff, and recommend/initiate disciplinary actions.
- Encourages and promotes a culture of continuous improvement and employee engagement.
- Assists in special projects and generates summary of projects performance.
- Equivalent combination of related education and/or experience may be considered.
- Quality systems experience and knowledge of statistics preferred.
- Must be reliable, responsible with initiative to take the next level.
- Knowledge in HACCP and Food Safety Programs, Six Sigma.
- Computer literacy, Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Fulltime opportunity starting immediately.
- Paid time off
- Corporate Wellness Program that you can participate in, to take care of your health and well-being.
- Educational scholarships through our Bento Sushi Foundation as well as funding for other rewarding causes such as seafood sustainability and community involvement.
- Group Health benefits and retirement for eligible employees
We have the privilege of supporting one of the Okanagan’s oldest First Nation Bands, with ties dating back to thousands of years within the Okanagan. They are currently seeking an Accounting and Program Administrative Assistant (3-month contract) to join and support their Finance department. Accountable to the Finance Administrator, the Accounting Program Admin Assistants primary responsibility will be to assist with the with the day-to-day Jordan's Principle Contract and administrative functions, vendor payments and budget updates. Key Responsibilities:
- Provide a full range of budget and accounting support functions primarily for the JP
- Assume responsibility for Program tracking and monitoring the JP billing data and payments requirements to This includes participant (clients) registration forms, approvals, individual participant plans etc.
- Develop and maintain the JP budget tracking system Develop a system to ensure all scheduled monthly payments are processed on
- Maintain a filing system on our internal network, ensuring and JP filing policies, systems and procedures are maintained.
- Develop and maintain databases and contact information on community members to ensure files are kept confidential and current.
- Ensure invoices are processed efficiently, liaising with the team and finance department, and that costs associated with each program participant is posted, tracked, balanced and summarized for reporting
- Assist in the development and maintenance of administrative and program procedures and guidelines as they pertain to the JP
- Undertake a range of administrative duties such as filing (electronic and hard copy, if required), communication by phone, e-mail, or fax.
- Purchase and distribute equipment that has been approved for community members i.e., i-Pads, computers
- Maintain an inventory of JP equipment and supplies, booking out equipment to appropriate users and tracking its return.
- Support the JP Project Team with formatting of reports and documents, as
- Attend JP and Wellness Department meetings as
- Assist other Accounting Staff/ Team with other duties as required for this position
- Completion of grade 12 and a minimum of 5 years of relevant Accounting, Program development work experience OR
- Business administration diploma preferred together with 3 years' relevant Financial and Administrative work experience.
- Experience working within a financial environment and applying financial policies and
- Excellent computer skills. (MS Office suite), excel, including data entry and database/spreadsheet
- Ability to deal with numerous issues
- Strong communication
- Proactive and positive
- Supportive team
- Discretion, ability to respect confidentiality and handle sensitive
- Aboriginal ancestry
- Experience successfully working in Aboriginal organizations and cultural contexts is
- A reliable vehicle and a valid BC Driver's
- Flexible work hours/willingness to work on evenings and
- Current criminal record (vulnerable sector) check with the
- Reliability and Dependability
- Flexibility and Adaptability
|Job Category||Accounting, Administration|
Platinum Recruiting has the privilege of supporting one of the Okanagan’s oldest First Nation Bands, with ties dating back many years within the Okanagan. They are currently seeking an experienced Executive Coordinator to join and support their Administrative department. Reporting to the Operations Administrator, the Executive Coordinator is responsible for the efficient management of the Executive functions and will provide a confidential support to the Executive Director (ED), Human Resource Manager (HR), Operations Administrator, Executive Team (Team Leads) and Legal/Consultant Advisors ensuring the Syilx world view, in order to uphold the Chief Executive Council mandate. Scope This position will work with the organization’s departments as well as Okanagan Nation communities, committees, external governments and First Nation and other partners. Key Responsibilities: Executive Support
- Plan and monitor Executive Director functions according to priorities set out by the ED, and HR Manager.
- Manage all functions and executive functions and files for ED and HR Manager while maintaining confidentiality and compliance with FOIPA and other relevant
- Responsible for file and data management including correspondence and filing.
- Liaise with Communications team on all public relations matters for ED review and approval before distribution.
- Provides technical support to ED, HR Manager and Team Leads with documents for review by the ED.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality and professionalism in supporting the ongoing executive, HR and Legal functions required.
- Enter Staff Emergency Contact Data and send updates to Four Star Communications
- Provide assistance to Governance Coordinator with coordination of CEC, Annual General Assembly and other meetings as required.
- Provide support to all committees and working groups as required by the ED.
- Assist with special projects as assigned by the ED.
- Assist with preparing binders and handouts for distribution for CEC and other
- Act as backup to Governance Coordinator including taking meeting minutes
- Provide backup to booking boardroom, fleet and Front Desk as required
- Maintains a record of ED and HR and other meetings as
- Responsible for building maintenance, security (Price Alarms) and fleet
- Supervises an assigned Admin Assistant Front Desk and approves time sheets and delegates tasks.
- Work cooperatively with the internal Administrative Team and Communications as needed for e.g. input for Annual Report including preparation of Team Lead agenda's for approval by the ED.
- Contribute to the development of standard operating
- Update and maintain the annual Societies Act and certificates of good
- Completes information and technology requests are
- Ensures telephone and computer equipment is set up for
- Assist the Operations Administrator with compilation and preparation of Funding Agreements for execution.
- Provide troubleshooting and systems administration of computer systems needs for all departments and locations and accesses the contracted IT service provider when
- Administer and coordinates all cell needs for various staff as
- Other duties as discussed and agreed
Platinum Recruiting is working with a young innovative company based out of Kelowna, British Columbia and home of the world’s first fully digital denture. We are looking to fill a Dental CAM / 3D rendering role. The ideal candidate uses CAD / CAM as a hobby to design various things and is interested in things like 3D printing. Location: Kelowna, BC Job Type: Full-time Education: Computer science, Engineering or similar considered an asset but not required. Willing to work with someone that has a passion for 3D printing Compensation: Based on experience Benefits: Health Spending Account Responsibilities:
- Reviewing 3D rendering of CAM jobs and troubleshooting issues
- Developing and optimizing milling strategies for a wide range of dental materials
- Conducting performance testing and analysis to ensure that our software meets or exceeds industry standards for accuracy and speed
- Providing technical support to dental professionals and internal teams as needed
Platinum Recruiting is working with a young innovative company based out of Kelowna, British Columbia and home of the world’s first fully digital denture. We are looking to fill a CNC Technical Support Installation and Support role. If you like building computers or other electronics for fun or tinkering, this might be the role for you! The ideal candidate is highly motivated and a curious mind who loved to build things and loves to know how things work. Location: Kelowna, BC Job type: Full-time Education: Computer Science, Engineering or similar considered an asset Experience: Hardware experience considered an asset Compensation: Based on experience Benefits: Health Spending Account Responsibilities:
- Install and configure dental milling machines
- Provide technical support to customers
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment
- Train users on how to operate the milling machine
- Travel to customers for maintenance and support
- Develop and maintain technical documentation including user manuals
Platinum Recruiting is working with a young innovative company based out of Kelowna, British Columbia and home of the world’s first fully digital denture. We are looking to fill a Salesforce Developer. The ideal candidate loves looking at problems and coming up with clever solutions. Listens to our team’s biggest challenges and prioritizes development based on impact. Location: Kelowna, BC Job type: Full time Education: Computer Science, Engineering or similar considered an asset Compensation: Based on experience Benefits: Health Spending Account Responsibilities:
- Customize Salesforce for customer portal
- API integrations with Salesforce
- Custom software solutions
- Technical support / Maintenance for internal and external users
- Develop and maintain technical documentation including user manuals
Platinum Recruiting is working with a highly trained and experienced team of dental professionals in the Okanagan. Located in Kelowna, BC, our client is looking to add a Care Coordinator to their team. You will be responsible for maintaining a strong relationship between the office and patients, staff, and referring offices. The Care Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of patient intake, outbound calling, receiving faxes and emails, coordinating referrals and assisting doctors with treatments and consultations. Our priority is to provide friendly, enthusiastic and professional service to all our patients. Primary Responsibilities
- Answer telephone calls, greet patients and visitors upon arrival, and provide excellent patient care for all questions or concerns
- Coordinate referrals from other offices
- Coordinate a detailed and accurate intake of information on the visit to the office
- Assist patients with completing online or paper medical history forms
- Coordinate scheduling of patient appointments
- Collect payment at time of service
- Process insurance claims for patients
- Provide administrative support to the office director
- Coordinate courier packages and process incoming and outgoing email, mail and faxes
- Readies patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating, and draping patient.
- Assist in maintaining a professional working environment
- Proven hospitality/customer service background and telephone etiquette
- Excellent professional communication (verbal/written) and interpersonal skills
- High degree of organizational skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong computer and data entry skills
- Ability to problem solve, troubleshoot, and adapt to dynamic situations
- Willingness to learn on and off the job
|Job Category||Administration, Coordinator|
Platinum Recruiting has the pleasure of working with a growing, multi-office firm serving a variety of stunning North Okanagan communities who are looking to add a qualified Legal Assistant to join their Armstrong location. Responsibilities:
- Assisting in drafting estate planning documents such as Wills, Powers of Attorney, Representation Agreements, Advance Directives, trusts, and will also assisting with probate applications and estate administration.
- Answering and directing inquiries both in person and via telephone and email
- Related clerical work
- Payment of invoices and some bookkeeping trough Quick Books Online
- Document collection/management
- Preparing sale, purchase, and mortgage documents for residential conveyancing.
- Corresponding with clients, lawyers, mortgage brokers, and real estate agents.
- Dealing with contracts, title reviews, and mortgage payouts.
- Filing legal documents at the Courthouse
- Going to bank institutions to make deposits and paying out mortgages
British Columbia, Kelowna
Posted 2 months ago
This position is currently filled. Check back often as job listings are updated regularly. Platinum Recruiting has the privilege of working with a well-established company in Kelowna who are looking for an experienced Commercial Transport Reefer Technician to join their team. This position is responsible for efficient, effective, and timely maintenance/repairs on the customers reefer trailers, truck and container units. You must be able to perform Preventative Maintenance checks, diagnose mechanical and electrical faults, and effectively communicate with the reefer service department. Duties & Responsibilities:
- Efficiently and accurately perform quality repair work in accordance with the company Standards.
- Complete day to day reefer services and repairs.
- Complete system diagnostics, troubleshooting and testing.
- Communicate in an effective and positive manner with service advisors and other technicians.
- Ability to discuss ideas, diagnose issues, and find solutions to difficult problems.
- Maintain an organized service truck.
- Over 5 years of experience in Commercial Truck and Trailer reefer diagnosis & repair is mandatory.
- Ozone Depletion Certificate required.
- Must have valid driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract.
- Experience using computer to enter work orders.
- Knowledge of current computer-based diagnostic programs and equipment is an asset.
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently.
- Good communication skills with a professional attitude
- Must have own tools.
- $30 - $40 per hour, pay will vary based on experience
- This position is permanent full-time / after hours shift. Monday – Friday, possible Saturdays. 8:00am – 4:30pm
- Benefit Plan
- Life Insurance
- RRSP matching program
- Tool allowance
- Safety account
- Excellent work environment
This position is currently filled. Check back often as job listings are updated regularly. Platinum Recruiting is excited to have the opportunity to work with an international group that specializes in designing and manufacturing innovative solutions for sorting, processing, packing, and selecting the quality of fresh fruits and vegetables. For their branch in Kelowna, they are looking for a Warehouse Associate to join the Team. This person will be responsible for maintaining the warehouse in an optimal status, handling items, and monitoring stock movements on our company management portal. Activities:
- Handle items inbound and outbound;
- Process and prepare materials used by our field technicians for use at our customers facilities;
- Stock pick items and receive items to a designated shelf/bin;
- Package and prepare items for shipment;
- Prepare and consult packing lists, and manage the Company software in order to guarantee inventory accuracy and organized inventory tracking;
- Process customer orders and assemble the appropriate materials. Job Requirements:
- Experience working in the position is preferred; • Possibility to perform functions and activities that require physical effort;
- Familiarity with computers, emails etc., and ability to learn quickly and get familiar with spare parts management portal to record stock movements;
- Valid driving license;
- Reliability, flexibility and precision.
- Young, dynamic and international environment;
- Growth and advancement opportunities;
- Ongoing support and training;
- Collaborative team environment;
- Opportunity for gaining experience and responsibility;
- Strong meritocratic culture
This position is currently filled. Check back often as job listings are updated regularly. Our well-established Kelowna client is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Inside Salesperson to join their growing team! In this role you will assist the corporate sales team with the day-to-day product sales (metal, industrial plastic materials, specialty materials, etc.). Our client is customer service focused and is looking for a career minded individual. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer phone calls
- Answer customer emails
- Respond to the company’s online customer chats
- Receive and advise visitors and customers
- Provide general support to customers
- Provide sales quotes to customers
- Provide sales orders to customers
- Advise customers on the status of their orders
- Source product for customers
- Assist with product purchasing
- Interact with the warehouse staff to facilitate the processing of customer orders
- Process point of sale (POS) transactions
- Cut product on occasion
- Pick product on occasion
- Assist with inventory management
- Perform all tasks with the utmost diligence and attention to detail on a daily basis
- Assist with projects and/or tasks when assigned
- Past experience with customer service and sales
- Knowledge of metals and industrial plastics is a must
- Familiarity with local fabrication companies
- Knowledge of the metal industry in general (i.e. vendors, fabricators, etc.)
- Being comfortable interacting with customers in person and on the phone
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and multi-tasking
- Computer proficiency with excel and word
- Proficiency with typing
- Strength Guidelines
- Motion Parameters
This position is currently filled. Check back often as job listings are updated regularly. Platinum Recruiting is working with a BC owned company that has been in business for the last 50 years in the car rental industry. Offering sustainability and flexibility, this organization is looking for a Customer Service Representative to join their amazing team! This full-time permanent role is looking for a candidate that brings high energy, a positive attitude, and a collaborative mindset. Duties and Responsibilities: - Greeting customers and performing 360-degree customer service from start to finish - Offer products and services using positive selling techniques and dialog - Explain rental agreements and charges to customers - Inspect vehicles with customer - Handle customer complains - Maintaining a Demand Deposit (DDA) account of $11.00 - Ensure cash reconciliation is complete and accurate - Adhere to company rental and return policies - Maintain DOP and communicate with distribution (daily) Duties and Qualifications: - A valid BC Class 5 driver’s license with a clean driving record - Previous experience in sales and customer service
|Job Category||Customer Service|
Our client is one of the leading civil litigation law firms within the Okanagan and has built up an amazing reputation for themselves through the dedicated level of service, trust, and professionalism they bring to the table for each of their clients. They are currently looking to add to their team a full-time hybrid Legal Assistant/Paralegal working in the areas of municipal and expropriation and property law. This position is located in our clients West Kelowna office. We are looking for a team player who is hard-working and self-motivated. RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Liaise with clients, experts, opposing counsel, and/or witnesses.
- Writing and formatting correspondence documents/pleadings.
- Maintain and exercise a basic understanding of legal procedures such as Acts, Rules, Regulations, etc. within the areas of litigation and within the scope of their role.
- Manage billing processes for one lawyer.
- Continual learning and keeping up to date on changes.
- Perform general administrative tasks including file management (opening/closing of files, filing, etc.).
- 1+ years of experience legal experience, preferably litigation.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Land Title Office documents and process.
- Litigation experience, including assembling Application/Petition Records.
- Strong communicator and team-minded (we can’t do it alone!)
- Problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of PC Law is an asset.
- Paralegal experience and/or certification.
British Columbia, Victoria
Posted 5 months ago
Platinum Recruiting is working with a BC owned company that has been in business for the last 50 years in the car rental industry. Offering sustainability and flexibility, this organization is looking for a Customer Service Representative to join their amazing team! This full-time permanent role is looking for a candidate that brings high energy, a positive attitude, and a collaborative mindset. Duties and Responsibilities: - Greeting customers and performing 360-degree customer service from start to finish - Offer products and services using positive selling techniques and dialog - Explain rental agreements and charges to customers - Inspect vehicles with customer - Handle customer complains - Maintaining a Demand Deposit (DDA) account of $11.00 - Ensure cash reconciliation is complete and accurate - Adhere to company rental and return policies - Maintain DOP and communicate with distribution (daily) Duties and Qualifications: - A valid BC Class 5 driver’s license with a clean driving record - Previous experience in sales and customer service
|Job Category||Customer Service|
Our team at Platinum are working with another locally owned and operated company offering their customers luxury backyard accessories (Fireplaces, Freestanding Stoves, Fire Pits, Barbecues/Grills, Hot Tubs/Spas, etc.). Their dynamic team is currently seeking an experienced and reliable Sales Associate to help sell these awesome accessories and provide a customer driven experience unmatched by their competitors. Many of these customers will be local contractors using our clients’ products for their projects so experience assisting contractor/builder sales would be an asset! As a Sales Associate your key responsibilities will be to assist the Sales Manager in the following activities:
- Greet walk in customers and discuss type, quality and quantity of merchandise or services sought for purchase
- Advise customers on use and care of merchandise, and provide advice concerning specialized products or services
- Estimate or quote prices, credit terms, warranties, and delivery dates
- Prepare merchandise for sale, if required
- Prepare sales contracts and accept cash, cheque, credit card or automatic debit payment
- Assist in display of merchandise
- Keeping the showroom tidy
- Maintain sales records for inventory control
- Operate computerized inventory record keeping
- Participate in business development activities
- Build relationships with builders and interior designers
- Achieving the sales goals
- Training yourself on products and the processes
- Any other job that is assigned to you from time to time.
- Microsoft Office
- POS System
- Consultative Selling Skills
- Driver's License (required)
- Extended health care
- Bonus pay
- 2-10 years of relevant experience