Our team at Platinum have another unique opportunity within the IT sector!
Our client is at the forefront of construction software and solutions. With over 50 years of experience within the hardware, software, and IT construction sectors our client has been developing cutting-edge technologies for the road construction industry and redefining the standard for plant automation systems.
With an industry leading model, they’re team is expanding rapidly and are looking to expand further with the addition of another System Administrator at their Kelowna office!
The System Administrator will manage the company’s computer infrastructure and work under the IT Lead. The System Administrator will upgrade and install hardware and software, perform troubleshooting to resolve issues, and maintain the company’s networks and servers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and maintaining networks and servers. (Ubuntu/Windows Server)
- Containerization and Kubernetes knowledge is an asset.
- Integration of legacy equipment into corporate network.
- Upgrading, installing, and configuring new hardware and software to meet company objectives.
- Implementing security protocols and procedures to prevent potential threats.
- Creating user accounts and performing access control.
- Performing diagnostic tests and debugging procedures to optimize computer systems.
- Must be proficient at documenting
- Developing data retrieval and recovery procedures.
- Keeping up to date with advancements and best practices in system administration.
- Comply with relevant industry codes & regulatory standards.
- Comply with policies and procedures as specified in the Employee Handbook.
Education and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, information systems, or similar industry experience.
- At least two years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience with Ubuntu/Linux and MySQL is required.
- Experience with WatchGuard and QNAP is an asset.
- Extensive experience with IT systems, networks, and related technologies.
- Solid knowledge of best practices in System administration and system security.
- Exceptional listening, organizational, and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Punctual, meticulous, and reliable.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment as a member of a cross functional team with colleagues around the world.
- Good time management skills and ability to work with limited supervision.
- Comfortable with challenging development projects and emerging requirements.
- Ability to accurately scope, estimate, and schedule work on projects.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills; French is an asset.
- Demonstrated positive attitude and self-motivation.
What makes our client great:
- Great culture and awesome people.
- Casual and fun office environment.
- Competitive compensation.
- Benefits & RRSP Matching.