Platinum Recruiting is working with a client that has been in the funeral services industry for over 100 years. Located in the Cranbrook, Kimberley, Columbia Valley and other surrounding areas, our client is looking for a professional Licensed Funeral Director and Embalmer. This full-time permanent position offers flexibility and a beautiful area to call your home!
- Attend, confer and coordinate desired arrangements with client families in their residences, or other location, and implement selected arrangement of services
- Execute financial and other related documents required for funeral arrangement
- Arrange transportation of the deceased to the funeral home from place of death
- Direct Funeral and Memorial Services
- The complete sanitation, preservation, and restoration of the deceased
- Record and maintain accurate inventory records for cremation merchandise
- Make pre-arrangements including associated file administration
- Ensure collection of client accounts at time of arrangements
- Make necessary calls to hospital, coroner, clergy, musicians, cemetery, crematorium, etc.
- Ordering of caskets, urns or other merchandise
- Direct staff of service details such as instructing pallbearers, ushers, placing of floral tributes, etc.
- Arrange for or deliver Certificates of Death and Cremated remains (where applicable) to client family’s residence
- Ensure cleanliness and maintenance of company buildings, property, and equipment
- Reception/catering duties which may include getting supplies, preparing reception trays, making coffee, serving during reception, etc.
- Admin duties that may include registering deaths, memorial cards, writing and submitting obituaries, DVD preparations, etc.
- Funeral Director and Embalming License Required
- Thorough knowledge of various churches and clergy.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Funeral Director and Embalmer”