We have the privilege of assisting one of the Okanagan’s leading law firms. From large multinational corporations to small business, families, and individuals they work on all types of cases for all types of law, and law scenarios and pride themselves on giving back to the community and being an active sponsor of many community involvement efforts.
They currently have an opening for a Paralegal or Legal Assistant with corporate/commercial experience.
Responsibilities & Knowledge:
- Open and close client files, and prepare pre-bills.
- Manage Lawyer’s calendars, meeting schedules, and Bring Forward system.
- Assist with the drafting of agreements, supporting documents, and correspondence based on
written instruction or verbal direction.
- Conduct, review, and organize due diligence searches.
- Organize and maintain precedents.
- Assist with day to day inquiries and requests.
- Paralegal/legal Assistant with a Corporate/Commercial background.
- Proficiency with BC Online, LTSA, BC Personal Property Registry filings.
- Critical thinking, analysis, and research skills.
- Strong communication skills with lawyers, colleagues, and opposing law firms.
- Strong understanding of corporate structures, trusts, and partnerships.
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply legal documentation, laws or legislation.
- Ability to handle sensitive or private information with tact and discretion.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Flexible, team player that is client service oriented.
Our client offers employees a positive working environment and encourage a balanced lifestyle. In addition to a competitive salary and vacation entitlement, we have a benefits program which includes paid personal days, wellness initiatives, health & dental benefits, group RRSP and TFSA plan with matching contribution, a social committee with firm sponsored social events, and professional development assistance.