Our East Kootenay, BC client, in the heavy civil construction industry, is looking to add a talented Fleet Manager to their growing team. The Fleet Manager role is vital for the company to maintain an efficient and productive fleet. Additionally, a well-maintained fleet will facilitate their ability to exceed customers expectations in regard to down time and will improve their safety profile. This role will work as part of the entire maintenance team to ensure a productive and efficient fleet. The role will be located in their Cranbrook office and will have regular scheduled hours Monday to Friday. From time-to-time travel and overtime may be required but are not expected to make up a major component of the role.
Responsibilities & Duties
· Maintain a preventative maintenance schedule for the fleet of equipment
· Maintain regularly scheduled component servicing and replacement and work closely with maintenance team to ensure work is completed in a proficient and timely manner with appropriate record keeping
· Coordinating and managing the commercial vehicle inspections for the fleet as required by regulation
· Build and maintain a current inventory of parts and cores owned by the company and will work with the maintenance team to ensure an accurate inventory is always maintained
· Responsible for ordering additional inventory and parts on an as needed basis through the existing purchase order system. These requests can originate from the in-field maintenance team and may require prompt action. Responsiveness to requests is essential
· Vendor Credits – tracking and ensuring credits are communicated with the accounting team and that they are reflected properly on their vendor accounts/statements
· Responsible for maintaining proper records for equipment warranty and identifying and claiming warranty work as appropriate and keeping track of warranty expiry dates
· Cores & Rebuilds – Manage core inventory and take a proactive approach to maintaining a back-up inventory of rebuilt parts. Coordinate with external partners as needed
Qualifications & Skills
· Working knowledge of the role as a heavy-duty mechanic or other relevant experience in logistics and/or parts management
· Working knowledge of commercial vehicle inspection requirements
· Strong organizational skills
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Strong technology and computer skills, with emphasis on Excel
· Ability to work effectively in a team
The organization offers a competitive compensation package within a collaborative team environment with the opportunity of advancement in their growing company.
Please email you resume to email@example.com, if you feel you would be a great fit for this role!