Our team at Platinum have another great opportunity, this time we’re working with a dynamic Event Planning Organization specializing in conferences, conventions, and other strategic business events. With projects ranging nation-wide they have established themselves as one of the superior Event Planning Organizations across Canada and have clients ranging in all types of industries and fields.
They are seeking a dynamic and resourceful person to provide high-level administrative support and assistance to the CEO, perform clerical and administrative tasks related to their operations and event projects, and handle other office management tasks as needed. As Administrative Assistant you’ll be a key part of the team. Your positivity, resourcefulness, and professional manner will help us build relationships with clients and vendors, improve operations, and wow our clients’ stakeholders.
What you’ll be doing
Project work offers variety in tasks and client interactions. On any given day your energy may be focused on:
- Executive Management
- Managing multiple email accounts, screening the inboxes, and actioning responses (reply/forward/file/etc.)
- Scheduling meetings, appointments, etc. and managing the CEO’s schedule and to-do list
- Assisting the CEO to prepare for meetings and presentations
- Coordinating travel arrangements
- Event & Office Administration
- Managing event registration process
- Generating registration and other reports to track progress towards benchmarks
- Preparing nametags
- Preparing standard correspondence and briefing materials for clients, speakers, sponsors, attendees, and other event stakeholders
- Assisting event stakeholders via phone and email
- Assisting with execution of events, on-site
- Conducting project-related research and preparing information for presentation to stakeholders
- Preparing meeting agendas and minutes and distributing them to appropriate parties
- Proofreading and formatting materials
- Preparing PowerPoint slides
- Maintaining digital and hard-copy files
- Creating, editing and maintaining documents, spreadsheets, and online reports
- Data entry
- Ordering supplies
- Monitoring workflows and processes, creating/updating templates, making suggestions for improved communications and efficiency, etc.
What you’ll bring to the role
Our client works with short deadlines and fluid plans, so you’ll have a talent for improvisation and dealing with shifting priorities. You’ll bring exceptional time-management skills, versatility, accountability, and a healthy dose of calm. Other qualifications that will make you a valued asset to the team are:
- Education & Experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as executive/administrative assistant, ideally in a small business environment
- Post-secondary education in office administration, marketing, events, or similar business program
- Experience planning events
- Marketing experience is helpful
- Knowledge, Skills & Super-Powers
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills and an aptitude for technology
- Demonstrated prowess with Microsoft Office
- Experience with cloud-based project management and/or database software
- Ability to learn quickly and self-manage in fast-paced environment
- Superior critical thinking skills – you apply both analytical skills and creativity to problem solving
- Experience with online registration tools and/or forms tools is helpful
Your usual work week will be 30 hours, Monday-Friday between 8 am and 5 pm. Work hours are flexible so we can balance personal life and project deadlines. At times you may be asked to adjust your schedule, add extra hours, or work the occasional evening or weekend, to accommodate project needs.
You’ll be working remotely. Our client will provide you with a computer with software tools and basic office supplies, but you’ll need a home office space with phone and strong internet connection. Some in-person meetings or tasks may be required.
This is a one-year contract, but high potential exists for an extension or a permanent position, if you have a positive impact on our clients brand and operations.