Our well established client based in central Kelowna is seeking an experienced Payroll and Benefits Administrator. The full-time, permanent role will involve processing of a semi-monthly payroll for over 350 employees and 60 different franchises Canada-wide. The successful candidate will ensure the efficient daily operation of the Payroll and Benefits Department and perform a variety of duties pertaining to the preparation and distribution of all franchise payrolls including group benefits.
- Ensures the accurate and timely preparation of all payroll and manual cheques in accordance with Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA) and Employment Standards legislation.
- Verify and process payroll data for hourly, salaried, and commissioned employees.
- Calculate and process commission payments to salespeople.
- Maintains the integrity of the payroll database through monitoring while ensuring compliance with established procedures and internal controls.
- Inputs and retrieves data including those related to new employees, changes in employee status, hours worked, etc.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts to payroll records and prepare remittances to CRA.
- Answer payroll and benefit inquiries from employees, managers, franchise owners, and various external parties.
- Perform calculation for termination pay and issue Record of Employment (ROE).
- Prepare year end tasks and reconciliations including issuing T4’s and T4A’s for all franchises.
- Assists in quarterly and annually WCB reconciliations.
- Process changes to benefits coverages, including new enrollments, coverage changes and terminations, both in benefit carrier’s system and payroll system in an accurate and timely manner.
- Administrate employee benefit plans by ensuring benefit deductions and taxable benefits are set up accurately in payroll system and reconcile to the benefit carrier information.
- Maintain up-to-date policies and procedures.
- Assist in Human Resource functions as required.
- Perform other payroll and accounting duties as required.
- Diploma in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration or working towards.
- Certified Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) or working towards.
- Minimum two years multi-provincial payroll experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent data entry skills, including high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Strong customer service mindset.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm.
- Overtime as required.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Company benefit plan.
- Learning & growth opportunities within the company.
- Join a passionate company who values incorporating fun into the workplace.