Based in Vernon, our well-established client currently has an opening for a Legal Assistant within their civil litigation department. They offer employees a positive working environment, a competitive salary & vacation, plus a benefits program which includes paid personal days, wellness initiatives, health & dental benefits, group RRSP & TFSA plan with matching contribution.
The ideal candidate will be team oriented and accustomed to working collaboratively with other litigation assistants, and have experience in civil litigation court procedure, is highly organized, and able to work efficiently to reach deadlines.
Responsibilities & Knowledge:
- Opening client files and maintaining files as per department procedures;
- Knowledge of Provincial Court and Supreme Court documents and procedures;
- Have good English writing and proofreading skills;
- Manage Lawyer’s calendar; meet with clients and schedule appointments;
- Able to prioritize tasks and work within deadlines; and
- Ability to follow instructions, work alone and with others.
- 1 – 2+ years experience as a Legal Assistant or Paralegal
- Legal Assistant/Paralegal certificate or diploma preferred
- Well versed in civil litigation court procedures
- Must have strong client service skills
- Excellent word processing and proofreading skills
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task & prioritize
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
To Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to Platinum Recruiting via our website or email [email protected] with the subject line “ Legal Assistant – Civil Litigation”.
|Job Category||Administration, Legal|