Platinum Recruiting has the pleasure of working with Breathe Medical, the Okanagan’s newest medical supply production company to help them with staffing their brand new facility in Lake Country.
We are looking for energetic, positive, and outgoing people to join the company on their Production team.
The position would see you using brand new state of the art machines to produce face masks that will help in everyday life for many people.
While full training on the equipment will be provided, they are looking for you to bring your strong work ethic and friendly personality to their “People First” culture.
As a Machine Operator, you are recognized as one of our top priorities. You will work in a safe and dynamic working environment where equality and opportunity will be the pillars of our production system. We embrace and acknowledge the power of cross training and variability; therefore, we will make available the opportunities for job rotation, skill development and other self-growth, self-worth activities.
• Embodies and display the core values of the production team and company:
o Passion, Respect, Ownership, Joy
• Preforms all task and duties with safety and quality in mind
• Approaches all interactions with a positive attitude and a solution-based mind set
• Displays respect for the team by being approachable and open minded
• Respects and follows all safety, quality and company policies
• If applicable to the job function, follows all ISO 8 clean room rules and regulations as required
• Takes great pride and ownership of their role in manufacturing a “World Class” Canadian product
• Takes the initiative for self-growth and their success within our company
• Participates in healthy feedback and performance conversations
• Ensures a safe, clean, and efficient workplace is always maintained
• Ensures safe working practices are maintained and ‘Standard Operations Procedures’ are adhered to
• Gets involved in finding “better ways” and is focused on being part of the solution
• Attends huddle board activities and offers improvement ideas and suggestions
• Participates and volunteers in Lean Manufacturing and 5S activities across the company
• Ensure company quality standards for both internal and external customer are constantly satisfied• Participate in our high-performance culture where improvement suggestions are embraced and
• Report and act quickly upon plant or machinery breakdowns with the Team Leads and
Along with the listed highlights above and various other tasks, here are some keys steps to the main job
functions within the production system.
Packing line: This position is within the clean room. Operators will audit the product to ensure all quality
standards have been met, they will stack the product and feed through the heat shrink wrap process.
They will then place the wrapped bundles into the retail box.
Master Cartoon: This position is outside of the clean room. Operators will audit the product to ensure
all quality standards have been met. They will place each retail box inside of a master cartoon. Once the
master cartoon is filled, they will place the master cartoon on a shipping pallet. When the shipping pallet
is properly configured, they will operate the shrink-wrapping machine and prepare for storage or
shipping. They will do all applicable data entry task.
Machine Operators: This position is inside the clean room. Operators will be responsible for the setup,
monitoring the run cycle and preventive maintenance of the machine. They will ensure that all quality
standards of the process are met.
Runners/Spiders: This position is inside and outside the clean room. The runners will monitor stocking
levels and bring raw materials including packaging materials to the designate area of use. They will
allocate the appropriate raw materials to the correct work center. They will do all applicable data entry.
They will assist the Machine Operators in reloading materials, preventative maintenance and provide
coverage as required.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• High School Certificate or experience as an equivalent
• 1-2 years of experience in a production environment
• Ability to problem solve and tackle unexpected changes with calm and clarity
• Ability to stand and walk for significant lengths of time, as well as lift up to 25lbs
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Full time, Permanent
Shifts – Day or Night Available – 12 hours – 2 week rotation schedule
Shift – Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and every other Saturday (7pm to 7am)
Wage – $18.00 per hour (Day), and a $1/hour premium for Night Shift
Benefits after 3 months
To Apply: Please send your resume to Platinum Recruiting at [email protected] with the subject title “Machine Operator”.