Our client requires an extraordinary Labourer to work in their manufacturing plant in Calona Winery, Kelowna BC. There will be opportunities to move into full time posted positions. If this opportunity excites you and if you believe you can “Pour Extraordinary into Everyday Life”, we want to hear from you!
Teammates will be accountable for:
• Work on various production lines in the manufacturing facility, as well assist with cleaning,
• Operate packaging equipment – fillers, labelers, automated case packers.
• Completing quality testing to ensure products meet or exceed specifications.
• Following work tickets to accomplish specified wine making tasks.
• Unloading wine from delivery trucks and transferring wine volumes throughout Cellars.
• Work in the grape processing area (mostly outside) during Harvest, operating a forklift loading and unloading trucks with grape bins (empty and full), washing and re-stacking bins.
• Processing grapes (includes dumping grapes into hoppers, cleaning & re-stacking bins, preparing and making additions to the grapes, presses, tanks, etc.).
• Moving pumps and hoses into place to pump product.
• Cleaning work areas & sanitizing equipment (presses, pumps, bins, de-stemmer/crusher, tanks, tubs, etc.).
• Other related duties as assigned by the Manager/Supervisor.
We are looking for Teammates with:
• Grade 12 with previous experience working in a fast-paced, physically demanding manufacturing environment.
• Forklift experience and/or forklift certification is desirable but will train suitable candidates.
• Self-motivated, organized, have good mechanical/mathematical skills, attention to detail, and technical aptitude.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
• Actively support and promote a culture focused on Health and Safety, environmental enhancement as well adhere to HACCP requirements and the Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
• Able to work under minimal supervision. Some work may occur in cold, damp conditions, and sometimes at heights; capable of performing all duties with a sense of urgency and with a positive, team-oriented approach.
• Able to lift to 50 lbs. The successful applicant should be able to work effectively in a team environment to maximize safety, quality, and efficiency initiatives.
This is a unionized position and belongs to the Brewery, Winery and Distillery Workers Local 300. www.brew300.ca
This is mainly day shift working Monday to Friday but must be willing to work shift work when required. Starting wage is $17/h and there may be opportunities to move into a full-time posted position with an excellent benefit program and other incentives as outlined in the Collective Agreement.
To Apply: Please send your resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Winery Labourer”