Platinum Recruiting has the privilege of working with the Flowr Corporation an outstanding start-up company in the Cannabis industry who believe cultivating premium cannabis products starts from the ground up. In support of that mission, Platinum Recruiting are supporting in the recruitment of a Quality Assurance Associate to join the team, in their Kelowna facility.
The Quality Assurance Associate assists the QA Lead to ensure proper execution of all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for continuous cannabis production and improvement in accordance with Cannabis Act/Regulations, Good Production Practice (GPP), Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), relevant Health Canada’s regulations, company and customer expectations. This role also compiles, maintains and archives Batch Production Record and QA documents etc.
The Quality Assurance Associate assists the QA Lead to ensure all production related activities are conducted using the SOPs approved by the Quality Assurance Person (QAP). The scopes include but not limited to review & revise SOPs; compile Batch Production Record; compile quality events and maintain the log; support staff training; report and follow up identified change control, risk assessment, non-conformance, deviation, quality incidents & investigation and Corrective & Preventive Actions (CAPA); assist in Health Canada inspection and self-inspection; assist in quality complaint investigation, recall coordination and periodic & annual product quality review etc.
CORE JOB DUTIES:
- Support the Quality Assurance Manager and Senior QA Associate, as required
- Represent QA as an ambassador for the Cannabis Act, and regulatory compliance with respect to GMPs and company SOPs
- Complete Batch Record Reviews and follow up, as required
- Complete all required documentation using Good Documentation Practices (GDPs)
- Implementation and continuous improvement of quality procedures
- Reviewing quality documentation, as appropriate
- Deviations, Investigations, and CAPA reviews, including documentation and investigation of non-conformances leading to identification of the root cause; Assigning and implementing effective CAPAs to promote continuous improvement, as required
- Perform data trend analysis for Batch Release reviews
- Compiling documentation for sales orders
- Assist with vendor qualifications
- Participate in both internal and external audits as required
- Provide GMP, GDP and GACP training, as required
- Provide quality support, mentoring, and guidance for internal departments
- Other duties as assigned by Quality Management
Education, Experience & Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in related scientific field (Pharmaceutical, Chemistry, Biology etc.)
- Minimum 2 years working in a Quality manufacturing environment, regulated industry
- Familiar with GMP/GPP/GDP
- Cannabis experience considered an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Understanding of Quality Management Systems including batch record review, batch release, document control, change control, deviations, investigations and CAPA
- Fluency in MS Office is mandatory
- Competency of technical writing (SOPs, Annual Reports, Investigation Summary)
- Ability to work independently, with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and adapt to an evolving environment
- Strong leadership skills
- A competitive salary, reflecting experience
- Participation in the employee benefit plans and programs generally made available to employees of The Flowr Corporation after the successful completion of a probationary period.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]