We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time, permanent Controller in Kelowna. Hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm.
Reporting to the CFO, the successful candidate will be a key member of the management team, overseeing all aspects of the finance and accounting functions. The Controller will be required to regularly interface with managers, contractors, production team members, and product development team members in order to maintain accurate, up to date information on costs, inventory, controls, budgets and meaningful business analysis that supports decision making and performance monitoring initiatives.
This role is integral to operations and includes the following responsibilities:
- Provide direct supervision, training and mentorship to accounting staff;
- Manage month-end close process including preparation of month end entries, working paper files and schedules for analysis, support and reporting;
- Preparation of bi-monthly payroll for salary staff;
- Preparation of monthly financial statements including preparation/review of variance analysis to budget and preparation of monthly report to management on specified metrics;
- Lead and coordinate preparation of operating and capital budgets and forecasts;
- Cashflow forecasting and active management of cash flow to reduce overall borrowing costs;
- Oversee the business and financial control environments and processes;
- Manage annual year end audit including the preparation/review of working papers;
- Ensures compliance with tax and regulatory requirements;
- Serve as a business partner to operational decision makers by providing financial support and tools, coaching them in continuous financial improvement and all financial matters as required;
- Provide thought leadership and insight on the achievement of performance metrics including the creating and monitoring of internal costing models that will include specified metrics to review results on a daily/weekly/monthly basis with operation managers to reduce overall input costs;
- Assist management and the product development team in ensuring new products and modifications to legacy products meet price, cost and margin requirements.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance; and
- A professional accounting designation.
- 3+ years of controller experience;
- Ability to develop and implement product costing, strategic plans, KPIs, and short and long-term budgets;
- Experience designing and implementing accounting processes and internal controls;
- Aptitude for details and experience in project and change management;
- Understanding of key business drivers and the fundamentals of manufacturing operations, with a track record of leveraging this understanding to deliver results and create value; and
- USD/CAD foreign exchange familiarity would be an asset.
Competencies & Attributes:
- Ability to exercise sound professional judgement and decision making on financial, business and organizational issues;
- Proactive, self-motivated, decisive, driven and committed to organizational success;
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to take into account the ‘big picture’ in the decision-making process;
- Persuasive and understands how to engage and successfully lead/support others through change;
- Financially savvy and applies balanced risk management analysis;
- Makes sound commercial judgments and actions to ensure financial success;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Thoughtful, dedicated, loyal and encourages the same in others.
To Apply: Please send your resume and salary expectations to [email protected] with the subject line “Controller”.