Based in Vernon, our well established client is seeking a Legal Assistant (Family Law) or Paralegal to join their reputable law firm.
- Act as the first point of contact for internal/external client inquiries as well as maintaining client contact to ensure prompt response times
- Set court dates, mediations, discoveries, hearings and communicate with registries
- Arrange court filings and applications
- Track court dates and limitation dates
- Prepare and draft various correspondence and documents, including court pleadings
- Assist with the preparation of court applications, trial briefs and JCC memos
- Assemble application records, case authorities, trial exhibits and corresponding indexes
- Maintain an efficient file management and “Bring Forward” system
- Maintain a full calendar, management of email and lawyers’ practice
- Understanding of BC civil litigation practices and procedures, with an emphasis on family law
- Familiarity with BC Supreme Court Civil Rules and BC Supreme Court Family Rules
- 2+ years of experience as a Legal Assistant or Paralegal. Inexperienced candidates who have completed a Legal Assistant/Paralegal certificate or diploma may also be considered.
- Familiarity with the family law registry, both provincial and supreme
- Experience with the alternate dispute resolution process an asset
- Experience arranging court filings and applications
- Must have strong client service skills
- Excellent word processing and proofreading skills
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task & prioritize
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
To Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to Platinum Recruiting via our website or email [email protected] with the subject line “Family Law – Legal Assistant”.