We have the privilege of supporting one of Canada’s biggest retail giants with locations from coast to coast they have been an industry leader since their inception almost a century ago. With locations across the country, we have been tasked with growing their Merritt location team with the addition of another Store Manager!
The Store Manager contributes to success in the store by providing a consistent, helpful, positive retail floor presence and direct support to the Department Managers. He/she will be responsible for ensuring that the retail floor consistently meets performance expectations in terms of customer experience and retail execution. This role is essential to the function of the whole business/store and involves a close working relationship with the Dealer, General Manager and Department Managers.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Encourages and maintains a culture that values an excellent customer experience to all customers through effective training, supervision, coaching and performance management.
- Constantly reinforces the need to prioritize customers and sets up realistic expectations on task delivery through retail metrics.
- Provides a strong floor presence and interfaces regularly with customers to assess customer experience.
- Leads by example by consistently delivering an excellent customer experience.
- Responds to formal complaints to maintain customer loyalty at the highest possible level.
- Maintains community relations to build and enhance the image of our client.
- Holds team members accountable for providing an excellent customer experience and recognizes those who excel in it.
- Recruits, develops, motivates, recognizes, and holds the Management Team accountable to meet established objectives and targets for sales and profitability in their respective departments.
- Monitors and improves the productivity of the Management Team through strong communication, motivation, team building and effective scheduling.
- Plans, organizes, delegates, and follows up on work and projects on the retail floor in order to achieve and measure team goals.
- Is accountable to achieve sales goals, productivity and customer experience targets set by the Associate Dealer and/or General Manager.
- Leadership and senior managerial experience in the retail or similar industry.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of retail and financial principles.
- Excellent knowledge of market trends and competition in the retail and automotive service industry.
- Proven track record in retail sales, retail execution and operations in a management role is required.
- Ability to understand and operate POS and inventory computer systems is considered an asset.
- Strong orientation towards customer service excellence.
- Entrepreneurial and results-oriented individuals who possess solid organizational skills.
- Ability to lead and manage a team to achieve common goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to motivate and coach others as well as provide feedback.
- Ability to plan, organize, delegate, and follow up on team’s activities and projects.
- Proactive problem-solving skills and ability to make ambiguous decisions.
- Ability to multitask, adapt and cope with challenging situations.
Potential Career Opportunities
- Next levels: General Manager and/or Associate Dealer.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Standing/walking for 8 hours.
- Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent, and unassisted basis. Merchandise items may vary in weight from “light” to “heavy”.
Our offering includes
- Competitive compensation and benefit package
- Potential for Profit Sharing
- Employee Shopping Discounts
- Flexible work hours
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Reward and Recognition Program
- A culture of performance & accountability
- A supportive and positive team environment