Platinum Recruiting has the exciting opportunity to work with one of Canada’s biggest distributors of products for the construction industry. They’re currently looking for an energetic and results driven individual to join their team as a Sales Development Trainee.
If you enjoy working in a team setting, are organized, can handle multiple tasks, and have an interest in sales and career advancement then we have got the job for you!
As a Sales Development Trainee you will spend the first year learning the operations of the business by working in all areas of the company this includes shipping and receiving, counter sales, warehouse, logistics and operations management. You will then spend the next two years learning inside sales and outside sales to progress to an Account Manager. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to build a sales career and learn and develop sales techniques.
Duties over 4 phases of progression: Warehouse, Operations, Inside Sales, Account Management
- Work in various departments to gather knowledge on processes, procedures, products, and safety.
- Understanding of how to process sales, order management inventory, and pricing controls.
- Assist walk in customers, adhering to our high level of customer experience service standards.
- Learning how to actively pursue and seek out new business in order to meet and exceed sales objectives.
- Learn how to sell company products, negotiate deals, and build strong customer and vendor relationships.
- Able to work independently and in a team-based environment.
- Experience using Trend, Eclipse, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Attentional to detail.
- Strong customer service and organization skills.
- Willing to work some evenings and weekends if required.
- University or College graduate preferred.
- 1+ years of customer service experience.
- Some knowledge of plumbing & heating products considered an asset.
This is a full-time permanent career opportunity that will offer a competitive salary, benefits, and profit-sharing incentives. To apply please send your resume & cover letter to [email protected]