Our client is a real-estate and community development titan across the interior of British Columbia. Through the various on-going, finished, and future projects they have set themselves apart as an industry and community leader and continue to provide truly unique, practical, and sustainable projects that set the standards for competition around them.
We are seeking a part-time Receptionist/Office Administrator to join our clients team!
Reporting to the Manager of Human Resources, the Receptionist is responsible for providing the highest level of care and attention our clients guests will receive whether by phone, in person, or by email. Covering a variety of administrative tasks, the ideal candidate will have a friendly, very organized and “can do” approach to supporting the needs of the team, along with the passion to go above and beyond. This highly visible role involves steady interaction with others and has a direct impact on creating a delightful visitor experience.
This is a part-time 1-year maternity leave coverage role providing coverage for approximately 24 hours per week, Wednesday-Friday. The successful candidate will be eligible for full benefits.
What you’ll do:
- Create a welcoming atmosphere for visitors and team members
- Answer and direct phone calls to the appropriate team member
- Respond to inquiries in a way that lets callers and visitors know they are highly valued
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness of reception area, conference rooms, and kitchen
- Maintain the stock inventory and order office and miscellaneous supplies
- Continually assess and revise procedures to ensure the overall visitor experience is supported by excellent customer service
- Relay messages to appropriate team members
- Receive and distribute packages and mail
- Complete administrative tasks
- Update and maintain company’s automated telephone and voicemail system
- Coordinate and follow-up on general office maintenance tasks
What you’ll bring:
- Diploma or certificate in Administration, Hospitality or a related field would be an asset
- 3 + years’ experience in reception, front desk, or customer service role
- Experience with Microsoft office
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly and positively establish rapport
- A genuine desire to help others
- A strong commitment to the highest standards of quality, and the most genuine and customized level of customer service
- Excellent judgement in setting priorities and in identifying and determining action required
- Reliable, punctual, and committed to overall service excellence
- Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative
- Must have a valid drivers’ license