Platinum Recruiting has the pleasure of supporting our manufacturing client in Lake Country, with roots dating back to over 30 years in the Okanagan they’ve built up an amazing reputation for themselves.
With the reputation they have they are continuing to grow rapidly and with that are looking to bring on some new team members for their Production department. If you have experience in manufacturing or construction, a drivers license, and a reliable vehicle this may be a great opportunity for you!
POSITION DETAILS (What You Will Do):
Employees are responsible for the manufacturing of modular and manufactured homes. Work is primarily indoors with some departments outdoors. Team members must be willing to work in multiple departments, work well with minimal supervision and work well under pressure.
QUALIFICATIONS (Who You Are):
Experience of working in most areas of construction such as framing, HVAC, plumbing, electrical and general labouring are highly beneficial, plus you will have the opportunity to learn new skills.
Your background will ideally already be or have the ability to:
- Manufacturing/Construction experience
(1 year+ ; preferred though not necessary).
- Experience using air/power tools (an asset).
- High School Diploma (or equivalent). Preferred
though not necessary.
- An eye for quality.
- Work safely and efficiently.
- Good comprehension of written and spoken English.
- Work in a fast paced, deadline driven setting.
- Proven punctuality/reliability through work history.
- Be capable of heavy work (up to 75lbs), ability to walk, stand for long periods of time.
- Wear PPE, inclusive of respiratory protection and able to use tools of various types.
- Respect diversity and treat others with respect.
COMPENSATION DETAILS (What We Offer):
The position is full-time, paid hourly and offers full benefits upon completion of probationary periods.
- In House Training
- Apprenticeship opportunities in various construction trades working with highly skilled and engaged trades people
- Opportunity for Growth and Advancement
- Continuous Employment
- Year Round Indoor Work
- Learn to Build a Home
- Employee Recognition
- Overtime opportunities available
- Double time Saturdays
- Life Insurance/ Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Dental Care/Vision Care
- 15 Statutory Paid Holidays
- Birthdays off with pay
- Employee Assistance Program
- RRSP Match
Unionized facility –
Wage will continue to progress @24mo $31.21/hr
Regular Late Shift Hours are: 4:00 PM to 2:30AM Monday to Thursday, 10 Hour Shift. (Some dayshift hours also available through Job Posting process)
This position has been deemed safety sensitive and will require fitness to work, drug and alcohol testing as a condition of employment.
Please email your resume to email@example.com, if you feel you would be a great fit for this role!