Platinum Recruiting has started working with a very successful & niche business that manufactures wooden utility poles and wooden structures all across Canada and the United States. As a family owned and operated business with roots dating back to over a century in the Okanagan, they have established themselves as an industry leader in North America and have clients ranging in all types of industries and fields.
Our client is looking to add to their team with the addition of Operations Accountant!
The primary purpose of this position will be operations reporting and the oversight of the perpetual and costing inventory systems and sales reporting. Primary responsibilities will include revenue and cost reporting, the valuations of inventory, operational reporting, and analysis.
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate with initiative to complete a job with excellence. Ideally someone that is a self-starter, reliable and dependable.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Operations Reporting:
- Costing reports and presentation.
- Inventory valuation calculation and review
- Pricing reporting
- Sales reconciliations
- Ad Hoc Sales analysis
- Month End Processing
- Inventory reconciliations.
- Cost of Goods sold reconciliation
- Accounts Payable coding review
- Standards calculations and reviews
- Other Tasks
- Intercompany reconciliations
- Journal Entries
- Sales tax reconciliations
- Construction retainage reconciliation
Education: Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Commerce, or Business Management/Administration or equivalent experience
- Cost accounting in a manufacturing environment
- Proficient with MS Office and Dynamics AX
- An inventory system within a manufacturing environment
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and standards
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong team player, willing to help others within the department or within other departments
- To analyze and communicate the financial impact of the manufacturing process to management
- To work independently as well as part of a team
- To service both internal and external clients, providing the information they need in an understandable manner and timely fashion
- To put in the extra effort to meet deadlines
- To travel to the US for inventory counts
- To come up with possible solutions to a problem and present them for discussion
- Extended Health Care Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Employer Funded RRSP