We have the privilege of supporting one of the Okanagan’s oldest First Nation Bands, with ties dating back to thousands of years within the Okanagan. They are currently seeking an experienced Natural Resources Data & Administration Coordinator to join their team on a full-time permanent basis.
This unique opportunity would see you, the Natural Resources Data and Administrative Coordinator being responsible for supporting the Natural Resources team members with administrative services and data, as well as managing centralized knowledge systems and archival information.
You would be reporting to the Natural Resources Manager directly and using sound principles and practices, to uphold the Chief Executive Council mandate as it relates to Natural Resource.
This position will also see you working with all internal departments as well as communities, committees, external governments, First Nation and other partners.
Key duties and responsibilities may include:
- Organize meetings and do minutes of meetings for the Natural Resource Department committees and working groups.
- Support the Team by providing general administrative
- Assist NR Department with tracking progress on contracts, subcontracts and
- Write proposals and complete final reports to funders for approval by the Natural Resources
- Create and manage databases and information warehousing on internal computer
- Add cultural values data on a multimedia online platform, using a wide array of software programs and tools.
- Responsible for the safekeeping, updating and retrieval of Natural Resources data, as well as for the dissemination thereof, upon approval of the Natural Resources Manager.
- Serve as point of contact for and provide cultural related information upon
- Other duties as discussed and agreed
Diploma in Business Administration or Data Management or related field and experience within a relevant field/position. Previous experience of working in First Nation natural resource management programs or projects is key for this position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Some knowledge of First Nation natural resources management
- Understanding of traditional norms and protocols about research and data
- Strong demonstrated data management, organizational and time management
- Strong knowledge and abilities in administration and
- Ability to work with Senior Leadership/council and community members to ensure inclusion of traditional ecological knowledge.
- Ability to contribute data and archival information into
- Ability to work independently as well as in a
- Must have excellent interpersonal communication
- Strong MS Office and information database skills is Knowledge of ArcGIS Story Maps, Google Earth, Audacity, and file conversion programs is an asset.
- Proven experience in working with First Nation organizations’ issues and concern is
- Availability of a reliable vehicle and a valid BC Driver’s
- Ability to work flexible work hours/willingness to work on evenings and
|Job Category||Administration, Specialist|