Our client is the largest manufacturer and installer of awning and screens in Western Canada with a brand-new fully equipped manufacturing facility in Summerland, complete with in-house cutting machine, RF Welding machine and sewing machine. They are seeking a team-oriented and hands-on Floor Supervisor to join their growing team and oversee all aspects of the shop to ensure things run smoothly and supervise 6 employees.
- Coach/Train employees to produce high quality products, effectively & efficiently.
- Monitor and review the performance of staff and organize necessary interventions for improvement.
- Implement, control, and adjust the production schedule.
- Ensure preparation for next day installation crews.
- Communicate with powder coating companies, organize schedule drop off and pick up, quality control.
- Manage human and material resources to meet production targets.
- Inventory control – ordering – ensuring proper use of PO and final approvals.
- Decision making for equipment use, maintenance, modification, and procurement.
- Follow and implement standard operating procedures for production operations.
- Ensure implementation and adherence to Health & Safety procedures at met.
- Ensure product quality standards are being thoroughly checked and followed by Quality Control.
- Implement tracking programs to meet quality objectives.
- Analyze production and quality control to detect and correct problems.
- Prepare and maintain production reports.
- Ensure each station is daily updating databases (order spreadsheets, order tracking, purchase orders, shipping).
- Participate in product research and keep current on products for future ideas for an evolving industry.
- Provide support to installers, sales, managers, and office staff when needed.
- Help out at stations where needed to meet deadlines.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 3 – 5 years of supervisory/lead experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong communication and people skills
- Continuous learner, passion to keep up to date and current with commercial and residential screens and awnings
- Continuous Improvement – influence efficiency and effective processes
- Forklift Operator experience required.
If you are seeking a career position with a growing organization where you can contribute to the continued success of the company, please apply with your cover letter & resume.