Are you an experienced Kitchen Manager looking to join an amazing company where you can bring your skills and experience to where it will be valued? If so this is the job for you!
The company –
Platinum Recruiting has the privilege of working with this established company in Penticton produce their own signature line of drinks as well as amazing freshly prepared in house food.
The role –
As an experienced Kitchen Manager, it goes without saying that all of this will be second nature to you –
- Manage kitchen staff and coordinate food orders.
- Supervise food prep and cooking.
- Check food plating and temperature.
- Establish portion sizes.
- Schedule kitchen staff shifts.
- Price menu items in collaboration with the General Manager.
- Order food supplies and kitchen equipment, as needed.
- Train kitchen staff on prep work and food plating techniques.
- Store food products in compliance with safety practices.
- Keep weekly and monthly cost reports.
- Maintain sanitation and safety standards in the kitchen area.
Skills and Experience –
While being a proven Kitchen Manager, Restaurant Manager or Head Chef is a must the key focus is have strong people management skills, your ability to forge strong working relationships with the staff and be an approachable and supportive Manager is more important than the culinary aspect of this role.
Of course, you still need to know your way around the kitchen and be able to support with the preparation and cooking of the food during peak times. Other duties will include planning potential new menu options and custom events menus and maintain the highest standard of service for the clients.
It is desirable that you have post secondary education in a relevant field and at least 2-3 years in a Kitchen Management or similar role.
The package –
The standard working hours for this role are Monday to Friday noon to 8:00pm but during the peak seasons this maybe longer (but you will be able to reclaim this during the quieter times) and offers a competitive salary depending on your experience.
So if this sound like the perfect role for you then send you resume to Platinum Recruiting with the subject title “Kitchen Manager – Penticton”