Platinum Recruiting is working with one of Kelowna’s trusted legal advisors of choice for almost 50 years. Focusing on the client experience, community spirit, and professional development, our client is looking to add an experienced IT Director to their team!
This full-time, permanent position will focus on building a strong IT department along with enhancing and leading all IT projects. Our client is wanting a dynamic, outgoing, driven individual that is ready to work in a vibrant, fast paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consulting with senior-level stakeholders across the firm to identify business and technology needs and solutions that will optimize the use of information technology.
- Assessing the effectiveness of current technology resources to determine the feasibility of modification and/or changes of systems.
- Developing strategy for transforming the IT infrastructure for the firm ensuring key business strategies and processes are supported by systems that enable high quality client services.
- Managing the IT team and operations; monitoring systems performance and troubleshooting issues; ensuring security and privacy of the information systems and equipment and overall efficiency of the IT infrastructure.
- Leading IT projects, including clear capture of business requirements, deliverables, milestones, and change management.
- Managing the annual budgeting, vendors, and service providers to ensure cost-effective acquisition of technology purchases, warranties, and service agreements.
- Post-Secondary Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or an acceptable combination of education and relevant experience required.
- 5+ years of direct work experience in an IT management capacity.
- Advanced overall knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases, data storage systems, telecommunications systems, and server architectures.
- Proficiency with VPN networks, firewalls, encryption, and other aspects of network security technologies.
- Good overall knowledge of programming concepts, software development cycles, and associated tools and platforms.
- Knowledge of Office 365, Windows; proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), One Drive, SharePoint.
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans.
- Strong knowledge of project management principles.
- Must have the ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of applicable IT laws and regulations.
- Excellent leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with teams across the firm.
- Working experience in professional services/legal industry considered an asset.
If this sounds like your next opportunity, please send your resume to email@example.com