Our well-established Kelowna client is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Inside Salesperson to join their growing team!
In this role you will assist the corporate sales team with the day-to-day product sales (metal, industrial plastic materials, specialty materials, etc.). Our client is customer service focused and is looking for a career minded individual.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer phone calls
- Answer customer emails
- Respond to the company’s online customer chats
- Receive and advise visitors and customers
- Provide general support to customers
- Provide sales quotes to customers
- Provide sales orders to customers
- Advise customers on the status of their orders
- Source product for customers
- Assist with product purchasing
- Interact with the warehouse staff to facilitate the processing of customer orders
- Process point of sale (POS) transactions
- Cut product on occasion
- Pick product on occasion
- Assist with inventory management
- Perform all tasks with the utmost diligence and attention to detail on a daily basis
- Assist with projects and/or tasks when assigned
- Past experience with customer service and sales
- Knowledge of metals and industrial plastics is a must
- Familiarity with local fabrication companies
- Knowledge of the metal industry in general (i.e. vendors, fabricators, etc.)
- Being comfortable interacting with customers in person and on the phone
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and multi-tasking
- Computer proficiency with excel and word
- Proficiency with typing
The employee is expected to work primarily in an office environment and utilize the equipment typically found in such an environment.
The employee will be subjected to loud and sudden noises on a daily basis.
The employee will be exposed to dogs.
The employee will be working in close proximity to others.
The physical requirements of the job are as follows:
- Strength Guidelines
On occasion may be required to lift items of approximately 30 lbs.
- Motion Parameters
The employee will be required to sit and type for prolong periods of time.
The employee will climb stairs, kneel, and squat.
The employee will be required to drive a motor vehicle on occasion.