Human Resources Manager
Our East Kootenay, BC client is looking to add a talented HR Manager to oversee all aspects of human resources and occupational health & safety practices and processes and to be the go-to person for all things HR. The HR Manager is vital for the company to maintain an engaged, well trained, and efficient work force. As the employees are its most valuable assets this role is instrumental in the company’s short- and long-term success. With over 140 employees spread out across Southern BC this role will be the primary conduit for delivery of the human capital side of their strategic growth.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs in consultation and partnership with the occupational health and safety department.
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and provincial requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of previous experience, Human Resources Management
- Degree in Human Resources or related field, CPHR Designation an asset
- Benefits Administration
- Performance Management
- Communication Processes
- Compensation and Wage Structure
- Supports Diversity
- Classifying Employees
- Strong knowledge of Employment Law, regulations & workplace safety
- Laws Against Sexual Harassment
- Beyond these key needs, we are also looking for someone approachable, professional, collaborative, organized and has good computer skills
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel to their various locations as needed
The organization offers a competitive compensation package with the opportunity of advancement in their growing company.
To Apply: Please email your resume & cover letter to email@example.com