Platinum Recruiting has the privilege of supporting our East Kootenay, BC client, in the heavy civil construction industry, who are looking to add a talented Heavy Duty Mechanics to their team on a permanent fly in/fly out basis.
The Heavy Duty Mechanics are vital to the continual success and growth of the company, responsible for maintaining an efficient and productive fleet. Additionally, a well-maintained fleet will facilitate the client’s ability to exceed their customers expectations in regard to down time and will improve their safety profile. This role will work as part of the entire maintenance team to ensure a productive and efficient fleet.
Location & Hours
This role will be based out of the East Kootenays, their site is located in the Cranbrook BC and will have a regular shift work of 14 days on 7 days off with frequent regional travel will be required.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Inspecting haul trucks, bulldozers, excavators, graders, and other heavy construction equipment for proper performance, and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
- Diagnosing faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine the extent of repair required
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems using hand and power tools
- Testing repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers’ specifications
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment
- Service attachments and working tools such as blades, ploughs, winches and side booms
Qualifications & Skills
- Interprovincial Heavy Equipment Technician (HET) Certification
- Safety conscious team player with excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills with a high attention to detail
- Previous repair and troubleshooting experience with Caterpillar general line products would be considered an asset
- Engine and other component rebuilding experience would be considered an asset
- Transmission or hydraulic testing would be considered as asset
Perks & Benefits
Along with a highly competitive salary and benefits package, the client will cover the cost of flights & transport from the airport to location and have a full-service camp for employees covering accommodation and meals while you are on shift.
So if this sounds like the perfect opportunity for your next career move, send your resume to email@example.com with the subject title “Heavy Duty Mechanic -fly in/out”.