For over 75 years our client has designed and manufactured highly specialized trailers for a variety of industries including mining, construction, super hauling, oil and gas, and forestry. They have built their reputation on innovation and quality, offering market-leading models, and consistently launching industry leading designs that most competition cannot match.
We have the privilege and are currently recruiting a Health & Safety/Human Resources Coordinator for their dynamic team!
We are seeking a self-motivated and driven Health & Safety/HR professional who excels as a team player, strives to improve company processes, and is passionate about the employee experience. The H&S/HR Coordinator directly supports our clients’ manufacturing operations in all HR-related segments, including recruitment, onboarding/offboarding, training & development, employee relations, performance management, employee engagement, reporting, health & safety, and HR Information Systems related activities.
Our client is also offering a $1,000 signing bonus to the successful incumbent:
- $700 paid upon completion of probationary period; and
- $300 paid upon 150 days worked afterwards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Health and Safety:
- Responsible for the COR/OSSE program and annual audit
- Responsible for the training requirements for all job functions, tracking records
- Responsible for monthly site inspections and timely corrective actions
- Chair monthly H&S committee meetings
- Chair monthly and weekly Toolbox talk program covering H&S topics
- Management of WorkSafe BC claims management, appeals and return-to-work
- Conduct continuous educational sessions on health and safety
- Conduct hazard assessments and daily site inspection
- Champion all health and safety policies and procedures
- Oversee and upkeep of Safety Opportunity log
- Weekly updates of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Responsible for full cycle recruitment, including job postings, sourcing candidates, conducting interviews and reference checks, setting up pre-employment testing and orientations.
- Responsible for new hire onboarding program, including employee orientation and training
- Acting as liaison for union matters
- Tracking of various staff allowances and Service Awards Program
- Responsible for monitoring employee vacation and attendance
- Oversight of payroll and benefits programs
- Manage the leave management files (MLOA, LTD, WorkSafe BC, ICBC, bereavement, maternity etc.), including the gradual return to work of employees
- Monitor and ensure company compliance with changing employment laws
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with company policies
- Administrative duties including but not limited to maintaining database dates and files, attending meetings, and taking minutes, update templates, updating organizational charts and employee database systems
Education and/or Experience
- Post-secondary education in health & safety, HR, or a related field
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in Health & Safety and/or HR (preferably in a unionized environment)
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Mediation and conflict management/resolution experience is preferred
- High level of integrity with the ability to handle employee issues in a professional and confidential manner
- Sound understanding of Employment Standards and Human Rights legislation and knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety standards are preferred
- Proactive and adaptable to changing work environments and priorities
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multitask and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment
|Job Category||Human Resources|