Platinum Recruiting are working with a provincial company who are looking for an experienced Financial Accounting Clerk to support them on a full-time permanent at their Kelowna location.
The role will entail
- calculating monthly revenues and cost of products;
- analyzing and preparing a variety of monthly account reconciliations;
- preparing in good form, non-consolidated financial statements;
- preparing invoices and performing credit and collection functions;
- preparing and processing monthly commodity tax remittances; and,
- ensuring all appropriate entries are accrued and/or processed
Coordinates the recording and reconciliation and various subsidiary bank accounts including:
- overseeing the preparation of daily bank deposits and verifying the subsequent processing by the bank;
- verifying that bank interfaces are completed successfully and that all cash transactions are appropriately recorded in SAP; and,
- ensuring that all EFT’s returned or rejected payments and NSF’s are processed correctly and on a timely basis (requires liaising with the banks and the Customer Service group).
Prepares, sets up and reviews internal orders and other costing system entries, journal vouchers, and relevant financial reports for accuracy, justifiability and completeness as necessary.
Updates schedules and prepares monthly entries related to deferral accounts.
Coordinates and develops budgets in association with various Operations Management, Finance, and Regulatory staff. This may include:
- assembling and analyzing historical cost and activity data necessary to prepare budget projections for discussion and approval; and,
- making adjustments for reasonableness, supported with justification as required, based on historical, current and projected financial operating environment.
Prepares working papers and analysis for the interim and year-end audit reporting requirements; responds to internal and external audit requests and inquiries.
Responds to a variety of inquiries. Compiles information in response to inquiries from management and external bodies such as the BCUC, external auditors, and government agencies.
Applies basic accounting principles as well as knowledge of FEI accounting procedures and practices to accurately assess information and determines required action to be taken in resolving relevant problems and generating desired results. Acts as a resource for procedural matters to other staff within the organization.
Performs duties of a minor nature similar to the above duties which do not affect the rating of the job.
As this position is in a unionized department you will need to have completed a Diploma in Accounting or Finance and have three (3) years directly related experience in accounting at an intermediate level including at least one (1) year with a strong emphasis on financial analysis.
It is highly desired that you have Knowledge of ERP accounting systems (preferably SAP) an Intermediate level knowledge of Excel and other related Microsoft Office applications and the ability to respond to difficult or demanding customer situations with tact and diplomacy; and, take the initiative in successfully resolving customer payment matters.
So if this position sounds like a perfect fit for your skills and experience, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title Financial Accounting Clerk.