Platinum Recruiting has the privilege of supporting one of the Okanagan’s oldest First Nation Bands, with ties dating back many years within the Okanagan. They are currently seeking an experienced Executive Coordinator to join and support their Administrative department. Reporting to the Operations Administrator, the Executive Coordinator is responsible for the efficient management of the Executive functions and will provide a confidential support to the Executive Director (ED), Human Resource Manager (HR), Operations Administrator, Executive Team (Team Leads) and Legal/Consultant Advisors ensuring the Syilx world view, in order to uphold the Chief Executive Council mandate.
This position will work with the organization’s departments as well as Okanagan Nation communities, committees, external governments and First Nation and other partners.
- Plan and monitor Executive Director functions according to priorities set out by the ED, and HR Manager.
- Manage all functions and executive functions and files for ED and HR Manager while maintaining confidentiality and compliance with FOIPA and other relevant
- Responsible for file and data management including correspondence and filing.
- Liaise with Communications team on all public relations matters for ED review and approval before distribution.
- Provides technical support to ED, HR Manager and Team Leads with documents for review by the ED.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality and professionalism in supporting the ongoing executive, HR and Legal functions required.
- Enter Staff Emergency Contact Data and send updates to Four Star Communications
- Provide assistance to Governance Coordinator with coordination of CEC, Annual General Assembly and other meetings as required.
- Provide support to all committees and working groups as required by the ED.
- Assist with special projects as assigned by the ED.
Administration and Supervision
- Assist with preparing binders and handouts for distribution for CEC and other
- Act as backup to Governance Coordinator including taking meeting minutes
- Provide backup to booking boardroom, fleet and Front Desk as required
- Maintains a record of ED and HR and other meetings as
- Responsible for building maintenance, security (Price Alarms) and fleet
- Supervises an assigned Admin Assistant Front Desk and approves time sheets and delegates tasks.
- Work cooperatively with the internal Administrative Team and Communications as needed for e.g. input for Annual Report including preparation of Team Lead agenda’s for approval by the ED.
- Contribute to the development of standard operating
- Update and maintain the annual Societies Act and certificates of good
- Completes information and technology requests are
- Ensures telephone and computer equipment is set up for
Finance and Information Technology
- Assist the Operations Administrator with compilation and preparation of Funding Agreements for execution.
- Provide troubleshooting and systems administration of computer systems needs for all departments and locations and accesses the contracted IT service provider when
- Administer and coordinates all cell needs for various staff as
- Other duties as discussed and agreed
Diploma in Business Administration and (5) five years’ related experience working OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience working in a First Nation organization is preferred.