Our unique client has been in operations within the Okanagan for over 30 years now and have proven themselves to be one of Canada’s premier manufacturers of power, distribution, and control equipment solutions, and have markets in mining, oil & gas, renewable energy, transportation, and various commercial and industrial applications.
They pride themselves on delivering the highest quality electrical equipment and solutions to their valued worldwide customers, while providing sustainable and long-term opportunities for their employees.
Our client is currently seeking an experience, reliable, and hard-working Engineering Manager. The Engineering Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of design by the engineering department. The role will be in charge of leading engineering for the goal to successfully implement the designs developed to meet our client’s and all regulatory requirements. The Engineering Manager defines and oversees solutions to technical problems and is responsible for job planning and quality production as they pertain to engineering. This position is accountable for the processes of design, and continuous development of equipment and people on the engineering team. Responsibilities include maintaining and updating our clients mechanical, electrical & design standards so all engineering staff follows the same methodologies. Fostering a positive team environment to handle all engineering work executed by the team.
- Customer Focus
- Energy & Stress
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Adaptability/ Flexibility
- Time Management
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Development and Continual Learning
- Result Focus
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Providing Consultation
- Staff Management
- Decision Making and Judgment
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Enforcing Laws, Rules and Regulations
- Mediating and Negotiating
- Planning and Organizing
- Lead and manage engineering projects.
- Prepare weekly workload schedules for designers; work with operations and production to prioritize
- Oversee the implementation of all electrical & mechanical designs.
- Create design specifications & calculations and studies for assigned projects.
- Direct and coordinate designs and implementation ensuring compliance with specifications, codes,
and work order requirements.
- Provide consistent, coordinated and standardized approach to all design methodologies and
- Engineer and design all products to meet customer and regulatory specifications while ensuring the
highest level of material and production efficiency.
- Set unit goals, monitor progress, coach, motivate and mentor engineering department.
- Grow team skills, knowledge and competencies.
- Initiate quality control checks for project work to drive quality & functional excellence.
- Assign and monitor team resource deployments across multiple projects and flexibly manage and
adapt resources and team to dynamic business growth opportunities.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to less experienced staff.
- Ability to simultaneously organize and successfully execute multiple engineering responsibilities.
- Prepare specifications for purchase of materials and equipment.
- Operate computer-assisted engineering and design software.
- Provide expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems.
- Create technical reports, documentation, calculations and sketches.
- Develop sustainable work relationships to ensure positive resolutions with all contacts.
- Make technical decisions.
- Actively participate in department training and development programs.
- Maintain up-to-date engineering knowledge and stay current with industry trends and best practices.
- Registration with APEGBC as P.Eng.
- Bachelor’ degree in Engineering required.
- Masters degree in Engineering preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of engineering theories and principles.
- 5 Years of leadership experience required.
- Organizational and time management skills to develop schedules and estimate engineering/design
work-hours for all engineering tasks.
- Strong presentation, oratory, and verbal skills.
- Able to communicate ideas and recommendations to engineer and non-engineer team members in a
- Demonstrated knowledge of Canadian electrical standards.
- Work experience designing HV substations, MV and LV distribution systems, and large electrical
systems required, including power, protection and control systems.
- Experience in the electrical design of Hydroelectric plants and Mining (surface and underground)
systems an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of required code for operation’s geographical area .
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization,
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Able to apply right mathematical methods and formulas to problem solving.
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems.
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures.
- Effective leadership skills required.
- Some travel may be required.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
- May be exposed to construction sites.
- Weekend work may be required.