Controller – Property Management
Our client, a sustainable developer of commercial and residential buildings, hotels, and business parks, is looking to hire a Controller to lead and work with the accounting team. Reporting to the Director of Finance, you will be responsible for the daily operations of accounting transactions and the overall success of your team.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- The ability to lead a team while also completing and resolving day-to-day tasks;
- Strong communication and analytical skills that clearly convey financial reasoning across departments that is easy for others to understand ;
- Strong problem-solving and time-management skills;
- Must have a CPA designation;
- Must have supervisory or leadership experience, as well as experience in a senior accounting position (ideally 5+ years);
- Working knowledge of Yardi is an asset;
- Property management and construction knowledge is an asset.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the timely production of budgets and reconciliations for the Property Management team;
- Manage all daily accounting activities while also leading a team of seven accountants, providing mentorship and training as necessary;
- In charge of overseeing all aspects of Yardi system including: property management, mortgage, accounting, construction, consolidation module, and system administration;
- Ensure the assistant controller prepares corporate tax returns and annual financial papers for all companies in a timely manner;
- Preparing monthly internal financial reporting including: expense analysis, consolidated financials, WIP, NOI, and commercial and residential property;
- Submit annual Yukon WCB returns and quarterly WorkSafeBC remittances
- Ensure mortgage records are accurate and up-to-date
- Review and authorize GST/QST and online payments;
- Process payroll and collaborate with property accountant on payroll cost allocation;
- File T4 and T5;
- Perform all other accounting duties as necessary.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “Controller – Property Management”