This position is currently filled. Check back often as job listings are updated regularly.
Platinum Recruiting has the privilege of working with a well-established company in Kelowna who are looking for an experienced Commercial Transport Reefer Technician to join their team.
This position is responsible for efficient, effective, and timely maintenance/repairs on the customers reefer trailers, truck and container units. You must be able to perform Preventative Maintenance checks, diagnose mechanical and electrical faults, and effectively communicate with the reefer service department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Efficiently and accurately perform quality repair work in accordance with the company Standards.
- Complete day to day reefer services and repairs.
- Complete system diagnostics, troubleshooting and testing.
- Communicate in an effective and positive manner with service advisors and other technicians.
- Ability to discuss ideas, diagnose issues, and find solutions to difficult problems.
- Maintain an organized service truck.
- Over 5 years of experience in Commercial Truck and Trailer reefer diagnosis & repair is mandatory.
- Ozone Depletion Certificate required.
- Must have valid driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract.
- Experience using computer to enter work orders.
- Knowledge of current computer-based diagnostic programs and equipment is an asset.
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently.
- Good communication skills with a professional attitude
- Must have own tools.
Technician Pay and Hours
- $30 – $40 per hour, pay will vary based on experience
- This position is permanent full-time / after hours shift. Monday – Friday, possible Saturdays. 8:00am – 4:30pm
- Benefit Plan
- Life Insurance
- RRSP matching program
- Tool allowance
- Safety account
- Excellent work environment